“Every single industry in Australia has a gender pay gap that favours men. And the gender pay gap has increased in eight industries this year.” (Gender equality scorecard, WEGA)
The Victorian Equal Opportunity & Human Rights Commission are seeking Victorian small businesses to help us create practical resources to assist the achievement of equal pay for everyone – regardless of their sex, gender, race, age, abilities or care-giving status.
In 2020, the Victorian Equal Opportunity & Human Rights Commission (VEOHRC) conducted research into equal pay within small-to-medium size enterprises (SMEs). Their report revealed that small businesses have a big opportunity to help close the gender gap. To implement key recommendations of this report they have developed education resources to support the understanding of equality at work and the economic and workplace diversity benefits to embedding equal pay. are now creating a Pay Equality Toolkit specifically for Victorian small businesses.
Project Reference Group
The VEOHRC are seeking expressions of interest for membership to our project reference group. They are committed to making the tool kit highly relevant and useful for Victorian small businesses in a wide variety of industries, locations and contexts.
The purpose of the reference group is to:
• Advise: by sharing workplace experience and local expert knowledge to ensure each tool is developed ensuring ease of use and accessibility
• Guide: by considering the practical use of the tools throughout their industry
• Assess: by testing the tools and providing feedback.
VEOHRC appreciate the time constraints of small business owners and will pay participants $1016.90 for their expertise and engagement.
Reference group participants will be:
• Interested in pay equality
• the Owner/Founder (or General Manager or Head of HR) in a small business with 2-50 employees located in Victoria
• available to participate in 10 hours of consultation over a 6-month period
Next steps? Submit an expression of interest by 8 September 2023.
For further details please email anita.l’firstname.lastname@example.org